Gilead Sciences, Inc. respects the privacy of your personal information. These Privacy Statements are intended to inform you of our policies and practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of any information collected or submitted to us.
- Gilead Privacy Statement: Applies to all Personal Information received by Gilead as part of our global business operations.
- Website Privacy Statement: Applies to your interaction with and the Personal Information you provide to Gilead through its Websites.
This Website Privacy Statement explains how Gilead Sciences, Inc., including its wholly owned subsidiaries and successors (together referred to as "Gilead"), handles the information that you provide to Gilead, or that is otherwise collected, on websites controlled by Gilead (together referred to as "Gilead Website(s)"). The privacy practices of Gilead Websites generally conform to the Gilead Privacy Statement. Please read this Website Privacy Statement and the Gilead Privacy Statement before using Gilead Websites or submitting information to Gilead. Collection and processing of personally identifiable information, however, may vary with the unique features of each site. Therefore, where applicable, you are encouraged to review the terms of the individual privacy statement that is tailored to the specific Gilead Website you are visiting. By accessing and using the Gilead Website(s), you agree and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information (information that can identify you) as outlined in this Website Privacy Statement.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views)
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including username, password, e–mail, name, biography)
- Any other information that you choose to send to us
Using your data:
- To invite you to speak on Gilead’s behalf and send you email notifications for events you have agreed to participate/present
- Confirm contracts, honoraria and expense payments
- Administer the website, improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website and enable your use of the services available on the website
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
We will not provide your information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
We confirm that where you give us confidential information we shall at all times keep it confidential, except as required by law or as provided for in regulatory, ethical or other professional statements relevant to our engagement in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and tax payments).
Security of your data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall protected) servers in an encrypted form. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
You may instruct us to provide you with any information we hold about you.
Please let us know if the information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Your rights in relation to your personal information are further set out in the Gilead Privacy Statement.
We use a number of different cookies on our site. If you do not know what cookies are, or how to control or delete them, then we recommend you visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
The list below describes the cookies we use on this site and what we use them for. Currently we operate an ‘implied consent’ policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you are not happy, then you should either not use this site, or you should delete the cookies having visited the site, or you should browse the site using your browser’s anonymous usage setting (called “Incognito” in Chrome, “In Private” for Internet Explorer, "Private Browsing" in Firefox and Safari etc.)
First Party Cookies: These are cookies that are set by this website directly.
You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service at http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy